Monday 6 April 2009

Twitter backlash

So I went on holiday and didn't miss Twitter one bit. I got home and slipped back into my old world, and didn't miss Twitter one bit. Then I started getting bombarded with stuff like this and, you know what, it all struck a chord. The backlash was on. My time is precious and Twitter was pulling me away from more important things (I can think of 10 things more important with a click of my fingers). And if a major learning of modern life is that you have to prioritise, then I'm prioritising Twitter out. I may check Facebook once a week on the train - if I've finished the current chapter of my book - but otherwise that's the line drawn. I think this is the thin edge of old age - where you start defending the things you like against the onslught of things you ought to like...

No comments:

Post a Comment